I was nominated for two Liebster awards by the sweet Stephanie at http://reallyquiteawesome.blogspot.ca and the talented Heather from http://bellecouturenails.blogspot.com. The Liebster award is an award to recognize bloggers with fewer than 200 followers. You share 11 things about yourself, answer the 11 questions from the person who gave you the award, award 11 other bloggers, then ask 11 questions for these bloggers.
11 things about me:
1. I am a mom.
2. Sometimes I talk to myself when I'm doing math (thinking out loud I guess). :)
3. Chinese food is my favorite type of food.
4. I never used to like reality T.V., now some of my favorite shows are reality T.V. shows.
5. I love watching movies (it's easier to watch them from home these days so I can press pause if I need to).
6. I love to fish and I'm actually pretty good at it.
7. I am a hard worker.
8. I am sentimental.
9. I love sweets.
10. My favorite chocolate is white chocolate.
11. I love roses.
11 Questions from Stephanie
1. What are you currently wearing on your nails?
2. Number one lemming?
The Painted Nail by Nubar’s Malibu Dreams!
3. Name 11 things you'd take if your house caught on fire and everything except those 11 items would be destroyed.
This is a hard one. Since I’m sentimental, I would want to take everything. If I could only take 11 things I think it would be:
1. My family (a given, but I thought I would list it anyway).
2. Important papers.
3. Pictures/ home videos.
4. A few books.
7. A few knick-knacks/ stuffed animals that mean a lot to me.
8. Some clothes.
4. Do you have any major pet peeves? What are they?
I am a bit of a germaphobe so I don’t like people licking their fingers to sort through papers. Granted I have done this myself, I make a conscious effort not to do this.
5. What's your favorite childhood memory?
I have so many because I had an awesome childhood. I will say that my best memories all involve my family.
6. What is the newest nail polish(es) you just bought and how long ago did you buy it?
Wet N Wild Everybody Loves Redmond. My honey found it for me about a week ago. :)
7. What are your hobbies?
I like to read, paint my nails, and watch movies.
8. Who is your role model? Name at least one person you look up too?
I have been blessed to have many role models in my life. I would have to say I really look up to my parents. They are such strong people. I just hope I can be as strong as them and I can be as good a role model to my own children.
9. Favorite trend of 2012?
I love all the glitter polishes popping up this year. All the colors, sizes, and shapes are eye-catching.
10. What is your favorite finish of nail polish?
I really like glitter, but it can be hard to remove and a bit too flashy for some occasions, so I am going to have to say cream. Cream polishes come in such a large variety of colors and have a naturally smooth finish. They say variety is the spice of life and having a nail blog helps. I can get away with craziness because “it’s for my blog”. Haha.
11. Book your currently reading, or the one you have just finished?
Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets.
11 Questions from Heather
1. When and why did you start blogging?
I started blogging October 19, 2011. I had been checking out a few blogs and thought that it looked like a lot of fun and something I could do. I was hesitant to start but so excited when I decided that I was going to do it. I have enjoyed it so much!
2. How many bottles of polish do you own?
A ton, lol. I haven’t actually counted them all.
3. What color do you have the most of in your collection?
I think it is probably pink then maybe teal.
4. What is your first memory of nail polish?
I’m not too sure of my actual first nail polish memory, but I do remember painting my nails pretty frequently in middle school. I would always have my nails matching my clothes.
5. What nail polish color would you never wear on your toenails? Your fingernails?
Good question. I’m not sure if there is a color I wouldn’t wear on my toenails or fingernails. Like I mentioned earlier, I always have the “it’s for my blog” excuse. :)
6. What are your hobbies other than blogging?
I like to read, paint my nails, and watch movies.
7. What's your favorite nail polish color?
Probably pink, but I have been loving purple lately.
8. What would be your dream polish?
I love your idea of a clear polish that you can scan the cap to match the color you want. Genius! But since that is taken, I would say something light to medium (girly) colored with a hint of simmer to it—or something holographic.
9. What is something you love, but everyone else hates?
Shatter nail polish.
10. What nail trends do you love? Hate?
I love half-moon manicures (although I have never tried one myself). I am not sure about what nail trends I hate. I do see a lot of glitter around the holidays, which I love, but I hate removing glitter polishes.
11. Which nail polish brand do you have the most of?
I think it is probably Sinful Colors. I am always scooping some up when they go on sale for $0.99 at WalGreens.
11 People I am nominating:
1. Mariela from http://wildnailsmm.blogspot.com
2. Kari from http://midwestlacqueredmomma.blogspot.com
3. Brianna from http://breezythenailpolishlover.blogspot.com
4. Kim from http://apolishedaddiction.blogspot.com
5. HGNailDesign from http://hgnaildesign.blogspot.com
6. Jennifer from http://thecountrynail.blogspot.com
7. Maria from http://www.nailsandawestie.blogspot.com
8. Love4NailArt from http://love4nailart.blogspot.com
9. Pardon My Nails from http://www.pardonmynails.com
10. Lucy from http://www.thenailsnail.com
11. Alicea from http://polish-and-prejudice.blogspot.com
11 questions for my nominees:
1. What is your favorite color of nail polish to wear?
2. What is your favorite nail polish finish (matte, glitter, cream, etc.)?
3. How often do you paint your nails?
4. Do you prefer stamping or free-hand nail art?
5. What is your favorite nail polish brand?
6. What is your favorite food?
7. What is your favorite movie?
8. What is your favorite pastime (besides blogging/painting nails)?
9. Do you have any pets?
10. What is your favorite saying/quote?
11. How long have you been blogging?
Thank you very much Stephanie and Heather for the awards! I appreciate it. I had fun putting everything together.