Friday, October 31, 2014

Matte Purple with White Ghosts Nails



Happy Halloween
Here are some super cute Halloween nails.  I started with a base coat followed by a few coats of Avon’s Violetta.  Violetta is a deep purple matte nail polish. 
When this was dry, I stamped on some ghosts using Salon Express Nail Art Paint in Snow White and Bundle Monster plate BM-223.  I stamped the ghosts in a bottom top pattern to mimic the ghosts floating.  I added Hard Candy’s Matte-ly In Love top coat because I wanted to keep the matte finish of Avon’s Violetta nail polish.    
I think the purple with white ghosts are perfect for Halloween.  My only complaint is Avon’s Violetta started to chip somewhat quickly.  The last time I used Violetta it did not chip on me like it did this time.  I think this is because I added L.A. Colors Sassy Sparkle (BCC557) on top (which turned the matte finish glossy).  You can see that manicure here. 
To keep my ghostly manicure on my nails longer, I added Essence Nail Art Special Effect in It’s Purplicious.  It’s Purplicious is an awesome glitter polish with dark and light purple square glitters and smaller round micro glitter suspended in a clear base.  I got this polish from the lovely Ana of FairyAna.  You can see the other polishes I got in this swap here.  I did not take pictures with the glitter polish, but it did help extend the life of this manicure.  What are your tips and tricks to extending the life of your manicures?                       

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...