Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Chalkboard Hearts

Here is a manicure I created last year for Nail It! magazine.  I was included in their Jan/Feb 2014 edition.  I didn’t even know I was going to be included until I bought the magazine and saw my nails.  It was so exciting!  I went back and bought more copies of the magazine.
To create this look I started with a base coat followed by N.Y.C. Black Lace Cream.  When dry, I stamped the sketchy heart using an Essence Stampy Design plate and Salon Express Nail Art Paint’s Snow White.  I let this dry and then added Hard Candy’s Matte-ly In Love to mattify the whole design and make it look like chalk on a chalkboard.
I love the way these nails came out.  I had the idea in my head for a while because I thought the heart looked like it could be something hand-drawn—like a doodle.  I think white polish over black polish looks like chalk on a chalkboard when you add a matte top coat.  When I saw Nail It magazine was looking for heart designs to include in their Jan/Feb 2014 issue, it gave me the push I needed to get this look done.  This look came out just the way I imagined it and I am so happy with it.      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...