Sunday, November 6, 2011

Jersey Nails

This look was inspired by football—specifically the Miami Dolphins.  I have wanted to do something with their colors for a while now.  I mean who can resist aqua and orange?  So for this look I started with L.A. Colors base coat-top coat followed by two coats of L.A. Colors Color Craze in Atomic (BCC 564).   

I used masking tape and two coats of Sun Kissed from Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear on my middle finger to create a stripe down the middle.  After letting the orange polish dry, I peeled off the tape.  The tape did not come off as cleanly as I would have liked.  I think this was due to the thickness of the Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear polish.  I ended up going over the stripe again with the orange polish brush and no tape.  I then added L.A. Colors base coat-top coat and Love My Nails Nail Dryer.  The nail dryer really helped to smooth out the stripe and of course helped the polish dry faster with no smudges.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...