Tuesday, September 8, 2015

31 Day Challenge- Day 9: Rainbow Nails

For Day 9 of the 31 Day Challenge I did Rainbow Nails.  I had a few different ideas for today’s look and ended up loving the one I chose.  I started with L.A. Colors base coat-top coat.  I wanted two colors on each nail so all of the colors of the rainbow would be represented.  The colors I used are:

Wet N Wild Red Red

Avon Orange Creamsicle

Avon Sunshine

Sinful Colors Happy Ending

Petites Electric Indigo

Petites Cosmic Violet
 
 
 
 
 
 
I painted the lighter of the two colors on the whole nail i.e., my thumb was orange, my pointer yellow, my middle finger yellow, my ring finger green, and my pinky blue.  I waited for this to dry and then I added the darker of the two shades I planned to use on the nail to half of my nail i.e., red to the left side of my thumb, orange to the left side of my pointer, green to the right side of my middle finger, blue to the right side of my ring finger, and purple to the right side of my pinky. 
To help smooth the transition of the two colors on my nails, I added alternating dots of the two colors for each nail going down the center of the nail.  When this was dry I added China Glaze Fairy Dust and finally a top coat of N.Y.C.’s Grand Central Station. 
I love the way this manicure came out.  It is so colorful.  I love how much the dots added to the design as well as all the sparkle China Glaze Fairy Dust added.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...